Specialized Rehabilitation Services
- Manual TherapyManual therapy approaches a physical problem with the use of hands on body tissue that has been affected by the problem. It involves gentle, passive movements that are more or less forced on the musculo-skeletal system of the human body in order to improve mobility.
- OsteopathyOsteopathy is related to functional problems with a structure or system, whether it be musculo-skeletal, visceral, fluids, cranial and/or neurological. Osteopathy focuses on the importance of body mechanics and involves various methods of manipulating body systems.
- Massage TherapyMassage is a structured form of touch. It involves various movements such as effleurages, friction, petrissage and pressure. A massage may be stimulating or calming, and when it is given with attention to the energies present, it can have an effect on the body, mind, psyche and emotions of the receiver.
- Perineal RehabilitationA physiotherapy field of specialization that involves assessing and treating female urinary incontinence including genital prolapses. (female urinary incontinence)
- Vestibular RehabilitationAssessment and treatment of patients experiencing dizziness, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) and other vestibular system problems, using various physiotherapy techniques. (dizziness, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo)
- PediatricsWe use a combination of physiotherapeutic and osteopathic techniques for newborns and infants experiencing motor development disorders, plagiocaphaly (flat head),torticolis, colic, regurgitation, acid reflux, etc. We also treat children who have breastfeeding difficulties. (delays in motor development, colic,
regurgitation and acid reflux)
- Computerized Balance AssessmentThis specialization uses a hi-tech dynamic proprioceptive device that can assess and improve balance, thereby assisting seniors in preventing falls and athletes in returning to their sport. It can also assist with rehabilitation for injuries to the lower limbs
- Headaches and MigrainesVarious cranial osteopathic techniques, combined with an exercise program, can bring considerable relief to individuals suffering from recurring headaches and migraines.
- Digestive ProblemsVisceral osteopathy aims to release tightness in the tissues of the abdomen and chest by working on fascia, ligaments and other soft tissue to increase the mobility of internal organs.
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Disorders (Jaw)Treatment of various jaw-related problems, such as popping, clicking, teeth grinding, chewing pains, locked jaw (open or closed), etc.
- Vibration Exercise TherapyA series of exercises are performed on a vibrating platform. Vibration exercise therapy brings a whole new dimension to physical exercise since 100% of muscular fibers are required to perform the exercises, versus only 40% in a regular gym workout. It is a fast and effective way to work out.
(It is a fast and effective way to work out) unique in Lanaudière
- Global Postural RehabilitationGlobal Postural Rehabilitation (RPG) is a specific treatment approach practiced by physical therapists who have completed this post-graduated training. This is progressive stretching in suitable positions according to the evaluation of symptoms, muscles contractures and morphology. The RPG is a qualitative approach, the muscle stretch will be maintained for some time to an acceptable level by the patient. This therefore keeps wages in more comfortable limits for the patients. The RPG is an active method that requires patient participation. It learns to understand the body and manage the pain. It becomes an essential partner in achieving its goals of treatment.